Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tired


10/8/2013

Today is a rest day. My body still screams “I’m tired dude!” from Monday morning’s workout. As much as working out and eating right remains the core of this entire project, rest, and I mean true REST, jumps up there in terms of importance. 
Several ideas exist, however, for what “rest” really means. For some, it means complete inactivity. For others though, it just means less intense. I believe in taking a full break for a day a week, not really b/c I’m tired per se, but it’s good for ME to reset my thoughts and daily chores without the distraction of working out. Others believe it just means going back to a skeleton program where you do a workout, but at extremely low intensity as well as something that differs from your current regimen. 
So, for example, my dance extravaganza last night, while definitely not ‘easy’ either in terms of cardio or in dexterity, could be considered “recovery” or active recovery. Today, I only swam on my Vasatrainer for about 10 minutes, or what would normally be around 600 yards or so, but I tired quickly, so I just laid down with my dogs :-)
Not much to discuss today…just that Rest remains tantamount to the success of what we’re trying to do here.  Here’s an article that I found that challenges the need for rest mentality. It makes sense to me, although I do feel everyone is different too. I will see how it works for me and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment