Thursday, October 3, 2013

Easy Peasy


10/3/2013

Today started off easy – a nice walk in the light rain at 5:30 am with my dogs to get them their exercise, daily meditation, and then off to work. In between crossfit days, I’ve been trying out a class called Kettleworx that my friend Pipere Smith teaches at Lifetime Fitness. She’s a great instructor at several disciplines and this is no exception. Kettleworx is the brain child of another instructor named Laura Wilson whom I’ve respected for some time. She mentored me when I went thru my cycling class instructor training. Anyway, the workout combines natural resistance as well as weights, but in the style of a crossfit class, the movements create an interval effect with the heart rate, thereby allowing for more calories to be burned while building muscle. It’s a nice and needed change from Crossfit. I also take Pipere’s kickboxing class before mainly because I’m absolutely terrible at it. Eatingwise, I’ve stuck to some really tasty recipes I came across a few weeks ago. I’ll tell more about that tomorrow….

No comments:

Post a Comment