Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rest Day and Detox


10/9/2013
Another rest day. This time a full one. My body definitely needed it. As I collect my thoughts for the day, I realize that the sky is the limit for whatever I want to do with this. After this week’s crossfit and dance session, I realize that I can do anything I want. The path remains clear. Each day I feel more confident in my recovery, and more importantly, I feel more confident in my eating/drinking choices. As I sit and drink my Zija detox tea that Brittany provided me, I realize that what I’m doing now is sowing the seeds of what I will be a year from now…two years from now…5 years from now. As I reflect, which I believe to be healthy, I also realize the things I did 6 months ago now pop up in my life today. That said, I commit to making the changes necessary to achieve all of my goals. Tomorrow, I go back to my friend Pipere Smith’s kickboxing and Kettleworx class which you can see more about here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o4571uGe-4
In both classes, she displays mastery of the program as well as a pure passion for fitness. In addition, the program director, Laura Wilson, mentored me when I became a cycle instructor. She is the main person shown on the video above. There’s a lot to be said about mixing things up. For me, as I mentioned a few days ago, Kettleworx remains the perfect complement to what I’m doing with crossfit. Currently, in Indianapolis, Lifetime Fitness at 116th street offers Kettleworx as a pilot program. Kettleworx comes in three flavors: core, cardio, and resistance. Moreover, it features a 3D component. Without going into details, it basically allows you to workout in all of your various planes of movement which remains rare for a lot of programs. In English, it allows you to work a lot of stabilizer muscles you would not normally work in addition to the larger muscle groups. You can read a really good review here: http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20131007/LIFESTYLE/310070005/Rock-bells-Kettlebell-fitness-craze-lifts-off
I highly recommend trying it, even if for crosstraining. I’m happy to go with you as well if you live in Indianapolis!  Next time we will discuss more of the Zija tea I mentioned above as well as the benefits it offers….

No comments:

Post a Comment