Wednesday, October 2, 2013

No More Excuses


10/2/2013
Today I stopped making excuses. I avoided running for the past several months due to my injury. Recently, I wondered if I could muster up the courage to run again with my back, but more importantly, if I could throw my pride out the door and just do it. Going from hill repeats and fartleks up the hills of Burlington VT to absolutely nothing is a kick in the groin to say the least. Painfully slow, and filled with trepidation, I ran to the crossfit gym and back to my house covering about 2.5 miles. Again, pride. It’s rarely used as a good thing. As Troy Polamalu said in his interview with the 700 club which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHmx41Bcua0 pride is all we hear. Often we hear things like “courage”…”pride”…”valor”….the list goes on, but rarely is pride ever a good thing. I realized I needed to throw it aside. Those short miles were painful nonetheless, but I felt inside that I’m back. I’m centered again and my goals are within reach. This evening, I followed that up with a hard but strong crossfit workout. I remain excited to see what comes ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment